When it comes to the shipping industry, there are many risks. One of those risks is ship arrest and seizure. If you are not aware, a Singapore ship arrest occurs when the courts have detained a vessel due to debts owed on its cargo or charter party obligations.
If you are a shipowner, you should be aware of the risks associated with ship arrest. A ship arrest occurs when another party takes possession of your vessel to secure payment for money owed or other obligations.
This post will discuss how to avoid being arrested and steps that can be taken if an arrest has already occurred. It’s important to consider these considerations before deciding on what port to visit!
– There are a few things you can do to protect your ship from potential arrest.
– First, always keep up to date on the latest news and regulations related to maritime law. This will help you stay ahead of any potential threats.
– Second, make sure that all of your documentation is in order and filed with the appropriate authorities.
– Third, always have insurance on your ship.
– Lastly, know that you are not alone in the process of dealing with a potential arrest! There are organizations out there to help protect you and your vessel during this time.
The Bottom Line
A seizure happens when an officer boards and commandseer’s a vessel for reasons such as unpaid taxes or crew wages. Protecting your ships from these events can be difficult, but there are steps that you can take to help reduce your risk!